To thrive in the modern business world, organisations need to optimise their operations, streamline processes, and deliver the best customer experience possible. The modern-day preoccupation with efficiency has facilitated the emergence of powerful platforms that have revolutionised business automation. Among these platforms, ServiceNow has set itself up as one of the leaders in the field, empowering organisations to transform how they operate and innovate in the process.
What is ServiceNow?
The ServiceNow platform is an innovative and comprehensive cloud-based platform offering a broad range of services and capabilities, primarily for automating IT management workflows and streamlining business processes. Organisations with ServiceNow can use it as a central hub for various business functions, including IT service management, customer service, human resources, and ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) management to help measure and report on sustainability projects.By centralising their processes and leveraging its many tools and functionalities, companies can simplify complex workflows, optimise resource allocation, boost collaboration, and encourage innovation.
How ServiceNow is Helping Businesses
There are several features that make ServiceNow so appealing to the modern business. It has an incredibly user-friendly interface, making it simple to get to grips with. It also comes with a broad set of pre-built applications and modules that are easily customised to meet a company’s specific needs. Plus, with its employee centre, businesses have a unified portal to help with HR, IT, facilities, and other departments. It also easily facilitates hybrid working, has plenty of management resources, and lets businesses keep employees updated about company news, resources, and other relevant information. But let’s delve a little deeper into how ServiceNow is helping businesses the world over.
- Scalability It is built on a highly scalable, cutting-edge cloud infrastructure. It can seamlessly accommodate businesses of various sizes, from small teams to large enterprises. With its clustered application and database server architecture, ServiceNow CMDB grows alongside businesses.
- Security and compliance Data security and compliance are vital for any business, from the smallest start-up to multinational conglomerates. Using the ServiceNow platform, businesses have access to innovative features and services within a secure environment. It ensures day-one security, privacy, and compliance across the board. Organisations can also bolster their security further with SecOps (Security Operations) and GRC (Governance, Risk, and Compliance) services.
- Reporting Improving experiences requires measurement. By leveraging the right metrics, organisations can collect data on different aspects of users’ digital experience. For service portals, ServiceNow allows companies to track user behaviours such as mouse movements, clicks, and drop-offs. They can also measure the usage of features such as the Virtual Agent and Knowledge Articles. Plus, through the power of Machine Learning, service requests can be easily routed to the appropriate agent or department. By having the majority of the business on the same platform, it becomes much easier to consolidate reporting and successfully utilise the results to the organisation’s advantage.
- Streamlined workflows An average day within any business is comprised of numerous tasks. Whether it’s filling in forms manually, waiting for responses, seeking approval, raising tickets, or otherwise, it all takes time. With ServiceNow, these processes are streamlined and automated, eliminating the kind of work that wastes time and, frankly, lowers employee morale. Automating such actions will improve employee job satisfaction and boost productivity.
- Reduced costs By automating manual processes and reducing labour-intensive tasks, organisations can save time and resources. The platform’s no-code/low-code capabilities empower non-technical users to develop workflows, eliminating the need for costly development efforts. With comprehensive reporting and analytics tools, businesses can also gain insights into operational efficiency, identify areas for improvement, and optimise resource allocation.
Does ServiceNow Require Coding?
One thing that sets the ServiceNow Platform apart is its no-code or low-code nature. Users can build and customise applications and workflows without extensive, or indeed any, coding knowledge. By using visual interfaces, drag-and-drop functionalities, and pre-built components, users can create powerful solutions tailored to their specific needs. This accessibility doesn’t just save time and accelerate development cycles, it also encourages innovation.
ServiceNow’s no-code/low-code capabilities also enable end users to actively participate in the automation process. This in turn reduces the reliance on IT departments, giving them more time to focus on other issues. With its intuitive design, inexperienced users can configure workflows, design user interfaces, and define business rules through user-friendly graphical interfaces. This greatly improves group cohesion, while also allowing organisations to quickly adapt to changing business requirements.
Is ServiceNow a Tool or a Technology?
ServiceNow isn’t simply a tool; it’s a transformative technology platform. While traditional tools serve specific purposes, ServiceNow is a comprehensive and far-reaching ecosystem that integrates multiple business functions and enables cross-functional collaboration. Its extensive range of pre-built applications and workflows empowers organisations to rapidly implement solutions without significant development efforts, or indeed extensive expertise.
What Types of Businesses Use ServiceNow?
Its versatility and scalability make it suitable for businesses of all sizes, from small startups to large enterprises. In fact, 85% of Fortune 500 companies have utilised the ServiceNow platform in some form or another. Organisations using it include Coca-Cola, Aegon, NHS Scotland, and Asahi, to name a few.
It’s particularly useful for businesses with complex processes. This includes those with a need for efficient IT service management, and companies focused on delivering exceptional customer service. Industries as varied as healthcare, finance, retail, manufacturing, and technology have embraced ServiceNow to optimise their operations, improve service delivery, and enhance overall business performance.
The ServiceNow Platform is a game-changer when it comes to business automation. With its robust features, scalability, and flexibility, it empowers organisations to streamline operations, foster collaboration, and completely change how they do business. By harnessing the full potential of ServiceNow, businesses can strive for operational excellence, allocate resources more responsibly, and provide exceptional services to their customers. If your organisation wants to thrive in the era of automation, ServiceNow might just be the key.
- Automate Workflows: ServiceNow enables organisations to streamline and automate complex workflows, eliminating time-consuming manual processes and improving efficiency.
- Boost Innovation: By leveraging ServiceNow’s user-friendly interface, pre-built applications, and customisable modules, businesses can encourage innovation and adapt quickly to changing requirements.
- Scalability: ServiceNow’s highly scalable cloud infrastructure accommodates businesses of all sizes, from small teams to large enterprises, supporting their growth and expansion.
- No-Code/Low-Code Development: ServiceNow’s intuitive design and graphical interfaces enable non-technical users to actively participate in the automation process, reducing reliance on IT departments and encouraging innovation.
85% of Fortune 500 companies have leveraged the power of the ServiceNow platform to change how they do business.
This article and infographic are part of a larger series centred around the technologies and themes found within the 2023 edition of the TechRadar by Devoteam report. To learn more about Microsoft Cloud for Sovereignty and other technologies you need to know about, please download the TechRadar by Devoteam .